Homegrown at Maxol
Thank you for your interest. The competition is now closed.
Homegrown at Maxol is a new programme that gives local businesses the opportunity to be distributed across the network of Maxol stores in the Republic of Ireland. In partnership with Champion Green, Maxol is inviting all Irish SMEs and start-ups in the food and drinks arena to enter the Homegrown at Maxol programme.
The programme invites entries from businesses operating in a wide range of areas including ambient, confectionery, deli, hot, fresh, soft drinks, juices and smoothies, teas, health and fitness, milk and dairy based drinks and alcohol. For full programme criteria please see below.
Interested participants are invited to complete a short application form and send a sample of their product into the team. The entries will be reviewed by an expert judging panel from the convenience retail and food industries.
About the Prize
Four finalists will secure a listing in Maxol stores for 6 months, together with marketing support to highlight the listing and mentorship from Maxol’s retail experts.
Each finalist will be given an opportunity to display their product and present their business at this year’s Maxol Retail Conference in April which will be attended by over 400 retailers from the island of Ireland.
One business will be announced at the conference as the 2023 Homegrown at Maxol Champion and featured in the Irish Times. For full prize details please see below.
How do I enter?
- Complete the short application form by clicking the link below.
- If shortlisted, you will be contacted by a member of the Homegrown at Maxol team with more information.
Meet the Judging Panel:
Brian DonaldsonChief Executive Officer at The Maxol Group
Evelyn MoynihanChief Executive Officer at Kilkenny Group Group
Corinna HargraveRestaurant Critic Irish Times, member of the Irish Food Writers’ Guild
Alex BanahanKey Accounts Director at BWG Foods
Ciaran McNallyChief Retail Officer, The Maxol Group
Thomas EnnisCEO Thomas Ennis Group and Maxol Licensee
Summary of prize details
- Placement in up to 70 Maxol stores for 6 months with high visibility and the potential to reach a national audience and hundreds of thousands of Maxol’s customers.
- Listed by Maxol wholesale partners, BWG, for 6 months free of charge.
- Mentoring by a retail expert
- Marketing support package that includes:
- Point of Sales created and printed for all Maxol stores
- Social media campaign across Maxol channels
- Product photography
- PR campaign
- Featured in the Irish Times
- Ideal programme entrants include food and beverage suppliers.
- The entrant is a legal resident of Ireland.
- The entrant must own at least 50% of their business and operate their business in Ireland.
- The entrant’s business must have been operating for a minimum of one year.
- The entrant’s products must be suitable for retail.
- Entrants must be able to provide a food registration form with business number.
- Finalists will be required to have FSAI (Food Safety Authority of Ireland) credentials and be prepared to be audited by a Maxol food safety officer.
- The programme is open to sole traders, local makers and small businesses based in the Island of Ireland, over the age of 18.
- All food products must be produced in Ireland.
- Entrants must be willing to send a sample of their nominated product to Maxol for review.
- Entrants will be judged on quality of ingredients.
- Entrants will be judged on their sustainability efforts.
- Entrants product must be available for sale in Maxol stores.
- Entrants can produce products from the following food categories: Ambient, Confectionery, Chilled, Frozen, Fresh, Drinks (including alcohol).
For more information about the programme, read full terms and conditions here
For any enquiries about the programme please contact [email protected]